Starts Jan 1st - Ends March 31st
Ridgeons has a reputation for supplying superior quality, precision machined timber. Ridgeons offers a wide selection of PAR sections and mouldings, skirtings, architraves, dado rails, floorings, matchings, the list goes on….and where practicable a choice of qualities that represent value for money.
Ridgeons offers 4 grades of timber mouldings; Premier, Select, Standard and Whitewood as well as MDF mouldings.
Premier, Select and Standard grades are machined from Scandinavian Redwood sourced from managed and sustainable forests. Yellow/Brown in colour with heartwood where visible being darker.
This range of products is machined from original imported “Unsorted” joinery quality SIDEBOARDS also known in the trade as “Best” joinery. SIDEBOARDS are characteristically more stable than similar size sections cut from the middle of the log. In addition knots, where present will generally be sound and small in size. Stability is further improved since products machined (for example) from 25mm thick SIDEBOARDS finish 1.5mm thicker at 20.5mm whereas one produced by sawing 2ex 50mm that after machining would finish at 19mm.
• Machined products produced from SIDEBOARDS are less prone to movement such as shake, splitting or cupping, therefore preparation time is reduced prior to applying decorative finish
• Appearance is more pleasing to the eye
• Particularly suitable for clear or stain finish
This range of products is machined from “Unsorted” joinery quality deal sections also known in the trade as “Best” joinery. Good quality with slightly larger knot size and content compared to our Premier Joinery range. However this is of better quality compared to similar sizes machined from “Fifths” (Vths) joinery redwood also known by the trade as “Standard” joinery.
• Appearance is pleasing to the eye
• Suitable for clear or stain finish
This range of products is machined from “Fifths” (Vths) joinery quality SIDEBOARDS and deal sections also known in the trade as “Standard” joinery. Generally of larger knot size and content when compared to our ”Premier” or “Select” joinery ranges.
• Mostly suitable for paint finish or applications where not seen
• Items marked * are machined from SIDEBOARDS characteristically more stable than similar size sections cut from the middle of the log
• Stability is further improved since products machined from 25mm thick SIDEBOARDS finish 1.5mm thicker at 20.5mm whereas one produced by sawing 2ex 50mm after machining would finish at 19mm
• Competitively priced
Machined from Scandinavian whitewood (Spruce) giving a good basic quality.
• Competitively priced
• Suitable for general construction where not seen or have a painted finish.
Ridgeons provide a Timber mouldings matching service. Visit our Timber Mouldings Matching Service for further information.