Starts 1st October- 31st December
Product Code: B2500308Add To trolley
Product Code: B2500335Add To trolley
Product Code: B2500337Add To trolley
Ridgeons has a reputation for supplying superior quality, precision machined timber. Ridgeons offers a wide selection of PAR sections and mouldings, skirtings, architraves, dado rails, floorings, matchings, the list goes on….and where practicable a choice of qualities that represent value for money.
Ridgeons offers 4 grades of timber mouldings; Premier, Select, Standard and Whitewood as well as MDF mouldings.
Premier, Select and Standard grades are machined from Scandinavian Redwood sourced from managed and sustainable forests. Yellow/Brown in colour with heartwood where visible being darker.
This range of products is machined from original imported “Unsorted” joinery quality SIDEBOARDS also known in the trade as “Best” joinery. SIDEBOARDS are characteristically more stable than similar size sections cut from the middle of the log. In addition knots, where present will generally be sound and small in size. Stability is further improved since products machined (for example) from 25mm thick SIDEBOARDS finish 1.5mm thicker at 20.5mm whereas one produced by sawing 2ex 50mm that after machining would finish at 19mm.
• Machined products produced from SIDEBOARDS are less prone to movement such as shake, splitting or cupping, therefore preparation time is reduced prior to applying decorative finish
• Appearance is more pleasing to the eye
• Particularly suitable for clear or stain finish
This range of products is machined from “Unsorted” joinery quality deal sections also known in the trade as “Best” joinery. Good quality with slightly larger knot size and content compared to our Premier Joinery range. However this is of better quality compared to similar sizes machined from “Fifths” (Vths) joinery redwood also known by the trade as “Standard” joinery.
• Appearance is pleasing to the eye
• Suitable for clear or stain finish
This range of products is machined from “Fifths” (Vths) joinery quality SIDEBOARDS and deal sections also known in the trade as “Standard” joinery. Generally of larger knot size and content when compared to our ”Premier” or “Select” joinery ranges.
• Mostly suitable for paint finish or applications where not seen
• Items marked * are machined from SIDEBOARDS characteristically more stable than similar size sections cut from the middle of the log
• Stability is further improved since products machined from 25mm thick SIDEBOARDS finish 1.5mm thicker at 20.5mm whereas one produced by sawing 2ex 50mm after machining would finish at 19mm
• Competitively priced
Machined from Scandinavian whitewood (Spruce) giving a good basic quality.
• Competitively priced
• Suitable for general construction where not seen or have a painted finish.
Timber Mouldings Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are Timber Mouldings?
A. Timber Mouldings are machined profiles which are used as architrave, skirtings, window boards, hand rails and many more.
Q. What Timber Mouldings do Ridgeons Offer?
A. Ridgeons offer a wide range of timber mouldings machined from either Premier, Select or Standard grade Scandinavian Redwood (Pine) from Skirting and Architrave to Picture Rail or Hand Rails.
Find our Moulding Stock Range here.
Q. What if I need a profile that isn’t listed?
A. Thanks to our state of the art milling machines and highly skilled machinists we will be able to match virtually any customer specific pattern, contact your local Ridgeons branch to discuss your requirements.
Q. What are the differences between the timber grades?
A. Ridgeons offer 3 grades of Redwood Planed Timber
• Standard; Machined from “Fifths”, Standard grade usually has the larger knot size and usually has a painted finish.
• Select; Machined from “Unsorted” the Select grade has smaller knot size and content compared to the Standard grade and would be suitable for a clear or stained finish.
• Premier; Also known as the “best” joinery quality and has the lowest amount and smallest knots compared to Standard and Select grade. Premier grade timber is machined from Sideboards which are less prone to movement such as shake, cupping or splitting. The appearance of the Premier grade is pleasing to the eye and ideal for a clear or stained finish.
Q. What are FSC & PEFC?
A. FSC is the Forest Stewardship Council and the PEFC is the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification. Both FSC and PEFC are committed to achieving the certification of forests to credible, independently verified standards of responsible forest management. Find more information on FSC and PEFC here.
For any other questions please contact us at email@example.com