Starts Jan 1st - Ends March 31st
Product Code: T8400132£2.40 Ex VAT per £2.88 Inc VAT perLogin for trade prices
Product Code: T8400133£2.73 Ex VAT per £3.28 Inc VAT perLogin for trade prices
Product Code: T8400134£3.57 Ex VAT per £4.28 Inc VAT perLogin for trade prices
Product Code: T8400135£4.68 Ex VAT per £5.62 Inc VAT perLogin for trade prices
Product Code: T8400136£4.94 Ex VAT per £5.93 Inc VAT perLogin for trade prices
Product Code: T8400137£6.59 Ex VAT per £7.91 Inc VAT perLogin for trade prices
Product Code: T8400138£7.70 Ex VAT per £9.24 Inc VAT perLogin for trade prices
Product Code: T8400131£1.40 Ex VAT per £1.68 Inc VAT perLogin for trade prices
Standard Joinery Redwood
Machined from “Fifths” (Vths) joinery quality SIDEBOARDS and deal sections also known in the trade as “Standard” joinery. Generally of larger knot size and content when compared to our ”Premier” or “Select” joinery planed timber ranges.
• Mostly suitable for paint finish or applications where not seen
• All 25mm nominal thickness sizes are machined from sideboards characteristically more stable than similar size sections cut from the middle of the log
• Stability is further improved since products machined from 25mm thick SIDEBOARDS finish 1.5mm thicker at 20.5mm whereas one produced by sawing 2ex 50mm after machining would finish at 19mm
• Competitively priced
Redwood Planed Timber Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is Redwood Planed Timber used for?
A. Redwood planed timber, or Joinery grade timber is used when the finished item will be visible, such as doors, windows, skirtings and architraves.
Q. What are the differences between the timber grades?
A. Ridgeons offer 3 grades of Redwood Planed Timber
• Standard; Machined from “Fifths”, Standard grade usually has the larger knot size and usually has a painted finish.
• Select; Machined from “Unsorted” the Select grade has smaller knot size and content compared to the Standard grade and would be suitable for a clear or stained finish.
• Premier; Also known as the “best” joinery quality and has the lowest amount and smallest knots compared to Standard and Select grade. Premier grade timber is machined from Sideboards which are less prone to movements such as shake, cupping or splitting. The appearance of the Premier grade is pleasing to the eye and ideal for a clear or stained finish.
Q. Can I have treatments applied to my timber?
A. We have a stock range of timber that is Celcure Class 2 treated, however, Celcure Class 3 and Clearchoice Class 1 & 2 Preservative treatments are available to order – discuss your needs with your local branch.
Q. Can you supply other sizes or lengths other than what is listed?
A. Yes, we can source special sizes, patterns or longer lengths. This is thanks to the purpose-built timber mill and warehousing site at Ridgeons Forest Products, Herringswell. Contact your local Ridgeons branch and have a chat and discuss your needs with one of our timber experts.
Q. What does PAR stand for?
A. Planed All Round – meaning that all edge and side surfaces have been planed.
Q. What does PSE Stand for?
A. Planed Square Edge – The timber has been put through a moulding machine to create true square corners. PSE is the ideal choice for internal joinery work.
Q. What’s the difference between the Nominal size and Finished size?
A. The Nominal size is the actual size that the timber is machined from, and the Finished Size will be the size of the timber after any machining. For example, PAR timber that has a 50x100mm Nominal size will have a Finished size of 38x89mm once planed all round.
Q. What are FSC & PEFC?
A. FSC is the Forest Stewardship Council and the PEFC is the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification. Both FSC and PEFC are committed to achieving the certification of forests to credible, independently verified standards of responsible forest management. Find more information on FSC and PEFC here.
For any other questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org