Ridgeons Forest Products
Ridgeons Timber and Builders Merchants first started trading with the sale and distribution of timber back in 1911. A century on, timber remains a fundamental part of the business. Continual investment keeps Ridgeons at the very forefront of the industry. This included a new modern timber mill and increased warehousing at Ridgeons Forest Products, Herringswell.
With a dedicated Forest Products team, working in partnership with selected suppliers we are able to maintain a very high standard of quality and consistency. Stockholding and in-house timber processing takes place at the purpose built 12 acre Ridgeons Forest Products site at Herringswell.
Ridgeons offer over 200 planed and moulded sections including skirtings, architraves, matchings and floorings, precision machined by our own highly trained staff. Also stocked is a range of MDF mouldings, sawn joinery, garden landscaping, decking and fencing timbers. Carcassing ex-stock range includes Ridgeons structural joists and studs, dry strength graded, machine regularised with corners eased.
Ridgeons structural joists and general constructional carcassing sizes are also available preservative treated ‘off the shelf’ for collection or delivery. In addition, the Group Carcassing Yard (GCY) operation provides a traditional service for the supply of carcassing to your specification.
Other services include:
- Preservative treatment – Protim Clearchoice or Celcure
- Special machining – machined to order to your requirements
- Roof trusses, and I-Beams + Metal Web Joists, Timber Frame
- Branded products stocked from leading manufacturers
- Priming - Factory applied white acrylic primer
- Black Base Coat - Factory applied
Ridgeons Forest Products Herringswell
Located on a 12 acre site within easy reach of the A11 and A14, RFP Herringswell provides stockholding, timber processing e.g. milling, preservative treatment, etc. and distribution to over 25 Ridgeons merchant branches of the Ridgeons Group.
Ridgeons Forest Products Terminal – Rochester
The RFP Terminal is a carcassing importation and stockholding facility for direct timber pack distribution to either Ridgeons branches or to the Herringswell GCY operation from which branch specific customer orders can be assembled and distributed via Ridgeons Branches.
Ridgeons Forest Products & Services
Suppliers of timber and wood based panel products, our range includes:
- Carcassing (for general construction, floors, studwork and roofs)
- Sawn Joinery
- Sawn Hardwoods
- Clear Grade Softwoods
- Sheet Materials
- Timber Deckboarding
- Timber Decking Components
- Fencing and Garden Landscaping
- PAR Timber and Mouldings
- All machined in house
- Softwood and hardwood
- Mouldings (range includes skirtings, architraves, claddings, floorings, etc.)
- Door lining/casing sets (unassembled)
Other product ranges available from within the Ridgeon Group are:
- Primed MDF mouldings (skirtings, architraves, door linings/casings and windowboards)
- Veneer wrapped MDF mouldings (skirtings, architraves, door linings/casings and windowboards)
- Timber preservative treatment
- Fire retardant treatment
- Strength Grading to C24
- Machining (Bespoke)
- Cross cutting
- Trenching for door linings and door casings
- Environmental Policy
- Chain of Custody certification available on over 95% of our products
- Regular delivery schedule to Ridgeons Merchant branches throughout the East of England
- Direct to site deliveries by arrangement
- Regular delivery service operates outside of East
Anglia within a three hour journey time from our Herringswell delivery hub
Experience & knowledge:
- RFP has a dedicated team of sales, purchasing, production, operations, distribution and support people, all with a wealth of timber and panel product knowledge and experience, available to you.