Starts 1st July - 30th September
Product Code: GB380040Add To trolley
Product Code: GB290170Add To trolley
Product Code: GB270010Add To trolley
Product Code: GB270020Add To trolley
At Ridgeons, we stock a range of quality insulation products and our branch colleagues offer knowledge and advice to help you get the job done. We provide support to our customers with guidance on building regs, environmental and product information, and installation advice.
Loft and Roof Insulation Solutions
EcoTherm Eco-Versal Rigid Insulation
A loft and roof insulation solution
Eco-Versal: Featuring a Polyisocyanurate (PIR) rigid insulation core faced with aluminium composite foil on both sides. This product is designed to give an optimal thermal performance with minimal thickness. It is resistant to the passage of water vapour and delivers a minimal chance of condensation absorption.
EcoTherm rigid insulation has a lambda value of 0.021 – 0.027 W/mK.
• EcoTherm rigid insulation is resistant to the passage of water vapour minimising the chance of condensation absorption.
• EcoTherm rigid insulation boards have excellent fire resistance qualities.
• EcoTherm rigid insulation boards are lightweight, easy to cut, and non-irritant enabling easy installation.
• Eco-Versal core and facings discourage vermin and resist attack by mould and microbial growth.
Environmental qualities: All EcoTherm Insulation products are manufactured with a CFC and HCFC free blowing agent that has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and a low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
New Build Cavity Insulation Solutions
A partial fill cavity insulation solution EcoTherm Eco-Cavity insulation is comprised of a rigid polyisocyanurate (PIR) fibre free insulation core faced with aluminium foil composite on both sides. The boards are suitable for partial fill cavity insulation within traditionally built masonry. The boards are sized to co-ordinate with brick and block dimensions and to allow the insertion of wall ties into the construction at the appropriate spacing. Used for new build, providing a cost-effective means of reducing CO2 emissions and for compliance with Building Regulations. Eco-Cavity achieves high-performance insulation whilst maintaining a clear residual air gap; effective protection against driving rain, particularly in coastal and exposed locations.
• A thermal conductivity of 0.022W/mK.
• Tough, light and easily fitted using standard wall ties or simple clipping methods.
• The core and composite discourage vermin and resist attack by mould and microbial growth.
• A WVR of > 150MNs/g provides significant resistance to water vapour transmission, minimising both surface and interstitial condensation.
Environmental qualities: All EcoTherm insulation products are manufactured with a CFC and HCFC-free blowing agent, that has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and a low Global Warming potential (GWP). EcoTherm Insulation products correspond to the BRE Global Green Guide generic specification which achieves a summary rating of A.
TLX Foil Products
Suitable for barn and historic conversions; loft and roof insulation
TLX Gold: A breathable multi-foil that responds to changes in the environment. This is ideal for barn conversions, listed and historic buildings, and re-roofs.
TLX Silver: Features an airtight radiant and vapour barrier reducing heat loss through all three types of heat transfer; radiation, conduction and convection. The perfect solution for loft conversions, extensions and/or TF walls, TLX Silver helps meet required U-values when used in conjunction with other insulation such as mineral fibre or rigid board.
• TLX Silver has a thermal conductivity of 0.910W/mK, TLX Gold 0.950 W/mK.
• Both TLX Silver and TLX Gold are Class E fire resistant.
• TLX Silver is a vapour barrier; TLX Gold has a water resistance of >200cm H20.
• The main material in the core of both products is polyester wadding, which is a good sound absorber. Environmental qualities: The film for TLX Gold is made from wood pulp. The wadding is made in part from recycled bottles.
Insulation installation and handling
Always ensure you wear appropriate hand and eye protection when handling and installing insulation. Be wary of dust when cutting insulation, particularly if you are using power tools. Any operations which produce dust should be carried out in well-ventilated conditions; you may need to wear a dust mask.